The Fifth International Workshop on Vietnamese Language and Speech Processing (VLSP 2018)
In conjunction with the international conference CICLING 2018
The goal of this workshop series is to attempt a synthesis of research in Vietnamese language and speech processing and to bring together researchers and professionals working in this domain. The VLSP 2018 edition will be composed of two parts: one part focused on VLSP software demonstration with technical reports, the other dedicated to an evaluation campaign on different tasks of text and speech processing. As is traditional, one panel will be organized for the VLSP community to exchange and discuss.
All applications dealing with Vietnamese text processing or speech processing are welcome. Each demo system should be provided with a technical report.
The evaluation campaign deals with two tasks for text processing and two tasks for speech processing.
- Named Entity Recognition (NER): Two types of data will be considered, i.e., online newspapers and social media texts (persons, organizations, and locations).
- Sentiment Analysis (SA): The task in this campaign will focus on aspect-based sentiment analysis on reviews and comments on hotels and restaurants.
- Automatic Speech Recognition (ASR): Speech recognition with Northern, Central, and Southern dialects.
- Text to Speech (TTS): Speech synthesis for one or more regions (Northern, Central, and Southern).
This campaign aims at promoting the most efficient methods for these important tools. The organization of this campaign with sponsor from academia and industry will permit to build and offer to the VLSP community gold datasets for training and testing Vietnamese text and speech processing systems.
The participants to the evaluation campaign will be asked to present their system in a dedicated short paper.
Authors are invited to submit papers of up to 8 pages, in English. Please note that this workshop is only concerned with articles presenting software submitted for demonstration or evaluation. All papers will be submitted online, in PDF format using the IEEE standard template, to the workshop management website.
- November 20, 2017: Sample data and evaluation measure publication
- December 20, 2017: Campaign registration closed
- December 22, 2017: Distribution of training data for NER and SA tasks
- January 22, 2018: Distribution of development data for NE and SA tasks
- March 8, 2018: Release of test data for NER, SA, ASR and TTS tasks
- March 15, 2018: Demonstration systems and technical report submission deadline
- March 16, 2018: Workshop registration deadline
- March 2324, 2018: Workshop
Workshop General Co-chairs
- Luong Chi Mai, Institute of Information Technology, VAST, Hanoi, Vietnam, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Nguyen Thi Minh Huyen, VNU University of Science, Hanoi, Vietnam, email@example.com
Workshop Organizing Co-chairs
- Ngo Xuan Bach, Posts and Telecommunications Institute of Technology, Hanoi, Vietnam
- Nguyen Viet Son, Hanoi University of Science and Technology, Hanoi, Vietnam
- Nguyen Van Huy, Thai Nguyen University of Technology, Thai Nguyen, Vietnam
- Tran Mai Vu, University of Engineering and Technology, VNU, Hanoi, Vietnam
Workshop Program Committee Co-chairs
- Le Anh Cuong, Ton Duc Thang University, Ho Chi Minh city, Vietnam
- Vu Hai Quan, VNU-HCM, Ho Chi Minh city, Vietnam